Would you like to become a certified Transcriber? How much money can you make as a Professionally Trained Transcriber? To get an answer to all such questions, please continue to read this Transcribe Anywhere review. And in case you have already decided to learn the transcription mechanism, you may start a free trial now.
The work at the home trend is gaining popularity day by day due to continued innovation being made by the online developers. Transcribing is one such opportunity for making money online while working in flexible hours from the comfort of your home.
As a Transcriber, you have to type exactly word by word what you hear in the given audio file. Simply stating as a transcribed, you will have to convert spoken records into text format.
The jobs seem very simple but you are required to learn the total mechanism of transcription, tools required and how to use all the tools. That's where a company like Transcribe Anywhere comes into Picture as it not only provides the necessary skills required to work as Transcriber but also covers How to start Transcribing Business.
What Is Transcribe Anywhere?
Transcription Anywhere is a very high-quality award-winning but an affordable online transcription training program created by Jeanette Shaughnessy.
The Program offers you everything you need to get started as a transcriber. You get access to the following
- Training Videos
- Multimedia Tools
- Practice Material
- Unique Marketing Tutorials
- Lifetime Updates
The training will make you an expert transcriptionist in 2 to 4 months and then you can either get hired or start your own business.
Training is created by Janet Shaughnessy, a professional transcriber having more than 15 years of experience in general and legal transcription. After successfully running Zoom Transcription service for almost 10 years, She has launched TranscribeAnywhere.com to teach people online and share her in-depth knowledge and expertise with her students.
The courses offered by TranscribeAnywhere are 100% certified by the American Association of electronic reporters and transcribers.
Courses Offered by Transcribe Anywhere?
Transcribe anywhere offers three different courses i.e Mini-Course, General Transcription, and Legal Transcription. These Courses offer different Contents and are priced accordingly. Let's look at them separately.
The mini-course is free and is meant for the people who want to know more about the transcription mechanism and how it works.
The course will provide all the basic information related to transcription Business. You will be learn what it takes it to be a good transcriptionist and how much money can you make as a transcriptionist.
You will learn more about from does transcription work come from and how can you get striated.
You will also get an invitation to Join TA as a student for their main courses.
General Transcription Course - Theory and Practical:
General Transcription course is for any one who want to make money from home by acquiring proper skills.
There are many courses being advertised on line but they do not go beyond basic knowledge that is otherwise available for free in the mini course offered by TA.
The course will provide you life time access to 60+ audio and video training files and answer to most of the questions discussed in the course. You will also be provided the links to the useful software and hardware required for enhancing the skills.
This course will just not only teach the required skills but also provide a step by step guide to prepare you for building own home based business. Besides you will get full around the clock support from experienced transcriptionsist.
The Complete course is divided into different modules and consists of more than 60 audio / video practice dictation files. These modules are explained below
Module I - Foundation :
This module will walk you provide you the complete understanding of general transcription and skills required to become a professional transcriber. The Module focus on the following areas
- Introduction to GT
- How to Submit Support Requests
- Equipment required for Transcription Job
- Various Tools Required.
- General Transcription Style
- Standard versus Strict Verbatim
- Types of General Transcription Jobs
- How to Format a Transcript
Module II – Essential Skills required to become a Professional GT:
Module 2 is basically to further enhance the skills learned in the Module 1. The module 2 basically focus on the following.
- Proper usage of Spellings and Punctuation.
- Critical Thinking
- How to Transcribe Numbers
Module III – Tools for Saving Time:
In this module you will learn the tools required for saving timer and making your transcription process fast and efficient. The Module Covers
- Using Transcription Templates. You can download many readymade templates available in member area.
- Text Expanders and shortcut keys
- How to create shortcut keys for mostly used 102 English Phrases.
- Time coding for videos.
- Transcriptionist’s Notes.
Mid term exam will be taken after before proceeding to Module IV.
Module IV – Start Practice Dictations
Module IV focuses on the practicals. You start transcribing the real-world audio and video recordings. Seven levels of the practical dictations would help you acquiring the proper skills beginning with the easier dictations and moving up to most difficult transcriptions.
- Level 1: Clear Audio and Short videos
- Level 2 : Only Non American Audio Files
- Level 3 : “Strict Verbatim” Style Transcription
- Level 4 : Taking Dictation from Multiple Speakers
- Level 5 : Practicing on Semi-Poor Audio Quality & Research Skills
- Level 6 : Practising Time Codes
- Level 7 : Poor Audio with Foreign Accents
Module V - Final Exam:
You have learnt the transcription. Now it is time to take the exam and get certified after demonstrating proficiencies. The exam will be graded and the real feedback shall be provided. In case it is required student are allowed to retake the exam.
Module VI - Build your business:
- Setting up your rates.
- Learn to handle taxes.
- Develop Business Advertising Plan
- Social Media Advertisements
- Submitting Business to various Business and Local Directories.
Legal Transcription Course:
Legal transcription business is growing at a very fast pace. Almost all the big businesses worldwide require to maintain accurate legal records. Therefore they hire professional transcriptionist with knowledge of legal terminology having high grammar skills and fast typing abilities. As per the research the average salaries for Legal transcribers ranges between $25,000 to $85,000 annually.
Considering the average growth rate of demand at 3 to 3.5% and good salaries, you may already have an idea how lucrative this profession can be.
The Legal Transcription course will prepare you to master the art of transcribing legal proceedings. The course is broken up into 14 modules and have more than 25 audio/ practice dictation files. You will also get access to almost 100 pages of legal terminology.
MODULES AND UNITS
Module 1 – Introduction to Legal Transcription
- Introduction and Welcome!
- Process for Submitting Support Requests
- Legal Transcription: Overview
- General Duties of the Legal Transcriptionist
- Cyber Security
Module 2 – Tools of the Trade
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- Typing for Speed and Accuracy (includes typing drills)
- Legal Transcription Style Guide (includes printable guide)
- Comparing Your Transcripts with Sample Transcripts
- Practice Transcription Exercise
Module 3 – Lawyers Litigate; Transcriptionists Punctuate
- Legal Terminology
- Punctuation and Capitalization
- Transcribing Numbers
- Abbreviations, Capitalization, and Punctuation for Legal Transcriptionists
- More than 80 pages of legal terms and phrases in a downloadable and printable format.
Module 4 – Microsoft Word for Legal Transcriptionists
- Commonly Used Transcriptionists' Notations
- Spell Check, Search + Replace, & Modern Usage Notes
- Shortcut Keys
- Screenshots and Video Tutorials
Module 5 – Basic Legal Correspondence & Practice Dictation
- Introduction to Transcription in the Law Office
- Letters and Memos
- Transcribing EBTs (Examination Before Trial)
- Transcribing Attorney-Client Consultations
- Property Deeds
- Midterm Exam
Module 6 – The Legal Process and Court Procedure
- Definition and Descriptions of Types of Law
- Steps in a Civil Case
- Steps in a Criminal Case
- Anatomy of a Court Transcript
Module 7 – Forms and Templates
- Sample Court Templates
- Numbered-Line Blank Pleading Paper (Template and Instructions)
- State & Federal Court Approved Legal Forms
Module 8 – Practice Transcription of Court Proceedings
- Transcription Guidelines for a Court Transcript (Includes Video Tutorial)
- Practice Trial Transcriptions
Module 9 – Depositions
- Guidelines for Transcribing Depositions (Includes Template)
- Deposition Practice Transcription Files
Module 10 – Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Transcription Overview
- Law Enforcement Practice Transcription Files
Module 11 – Conferences and Legal Association Meetings
- Overview of Conference Transcription
- Conference Practice Transcription Files (with Video Files)
Module 12 – Time Coding for Legal Transcriptionists
- How to Insert Time Codes in Legal Documents (Includes Video Tutorial)
- Time Code Practice Transcription Files
Module 13 – Resources and Final Exam
- Writing and Style Guides
- Legal Resources
- Medical Resources
- Final Exam
Module 14 – Building Your Business
- How Much Do Legal Transcriptionists Earn?
- How to Handle Taxes
- Customer Service Essentials
- Developing a Business Plan
- Advertising (Including Building a Website)
- Social Media
- Connecting with Clients
- Top Directories for Local Marketing
- Where to Find Contract Work
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), PPC, AdSense, and All the Rest
- Opportunities for Expanding Your Services
How Much Does TA Cost?
There are three different plans for the paid courses as detailed below
- $127 for 30 days Access to Module 1 and 2
- $362 for 60 days Access to Module 1 though 4.
- $597 for life time access to all modules
- $197 for 30 days Access to Module 1 through 4
- $362 for 60 days Access to Module 1 through 9
- $597 for life time access to all modules
I would like to mention here that Transcribe Anywhere does not have any refund policy but you get access to free mini course before deciding on the paid version.
Transcribe Anywhere Pros:
- Legitimate Money making opportunity.
- Easy to understand Training.
- Created by an expert in the field.
- Real word practice
- 100% Certified.
Transcribe Anywhere Cons:
I do not want to push you to buy something that is not suitable for you. Transcription work is not for every one and only people should opt for this course who are.
- Good at typing.
- Hard workers
- Ready to learn before making money
- Willing to ask for help
Final Verdict : Is Transcribe Anywhere a Scam?
Transcribe Anywhere is not a Scam but 100% Legitimate training that can help you to start your own home based business.
Transcribe anywhere in-fact is one of the most prominent and authenticated transcription course available online. It has already trained thousands of students who are now making money.
Many students say that they have been able to achieve great degree of success. They were able to find the clients within a week of finishing the course and were making more than $1500 or more in the first month itself working on part time basis.
Transcribe Anywhere is highly recommended.
I hope you have liked Transcribe Anywhere review. In case you need more information, Please leave a comment below and I will get back to you at the earliest possible. Please share the article on social media to help other people who may be looking for an opportunity to work from home.